Machine Operator II - Scranton PA - Power Solutions
Requisition # 73469
REMOTE Working Remotely
Line of Business
Minimum Travel Percentage
Operate or tend one or more types of cutting or forming machine tools. May include such machine tools as band saws, chop saws, hand sanders, and a variety of hand tools.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Operate machines to cut, shape, drill, or mill non- metallic material.
* Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
* Align layout marks with die or blade. Set machine stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule or template. Install machine components, such as chucks or cutting tools, according to specifications.
* Remove burrs or sharp edges from work piece, using file, hand grinder, wire brush, or power tools. Verify conformance to specifications.
* Examine completed work pieces for defects, such as chipped edges and marred surfaces, and sort defective pieces according to defect.
* Perform minor machine maintenance, such as oiling or cleaning machines, dies, or work pieces, or adding coolant to machine reservoir.
* Other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
* Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
* Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior co worker or supervisor.
* Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
* Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
* No travel required.
* Must be eighteen years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
* HS Diploma or GED required. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2 - 5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
HD Supply is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.