Under direction of the Regional SHE Manager, the SHE Supervisor will be responsible for successfully integrating SHE into the functional operations of assigned facilities by implementing systems, processes, and procedures to prevent SHE incidents and to facilitate and maintain compliance with regulatory and company requirements. This position also provides technical leadership in the development and execution of industrial hygiene and health processes at Western regional locations.
* Plans, develops, and implements SHE processes to ensure compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
* Maintains and improves SHE management systems including recordkeeping and document control.
* Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with operational leadership; engages in operating planning processes to ensure that SHE considerations are proactively incorporated into operations.
* Ensures that OSHA Recordkeeping and other SHE records are maintained appropriately and that all mandatory SHE compliance reporting is done in a timely manner.
* In conjunction with site operating leaders, establishes goals, targets, and action plans to ensure continual improvement. and routinely monitors progress against plans.
* Works with managers, employees, and bargaining unit representatives (if applicable) to ensure that corrective and preventative measures are taken in a timely manner.
* Plans and coordinates audits to monitor compliance as well as to assure the quality of execution of SHE processes
* Analyzes and interprets SHE incident data to identify trends and formulates plans and strategies.
* Ensures that systems are in place to comply with corporate SHE reporting requirements.
* Directs environmental activities, including all required environmental records, reports, and permit applications across all media (e.g. water, solid waste, air, etc.
* Develops and maintains positive relationships with regulators.
* Supervises and develops employees and performs all duties associated with supervision.
* Supervises the qualitative and quantitative exposure risk assessments, communicates results to employees and management, and recommends controls. Ensures that occupational health protocols and arrangements are in place to properly assess, treat, and monitor injuries and illnesses as well as to provide proactive medical surveillance programs to ensure that employees can safely perform their jobs.
Required Skills:* Bachelor-Ts degree in appropriate discipline and 5-10 years of industrial experience. * Thorough knowledge of SHE regulatory requirements and industry standards * Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from non-technical stakeholders * Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals * Experience supervising technicians, contractors, and internal employees as well as influencing others without formal authority. * Strong computer skills and ability to apply statistical and other analytic techniques. * Ability to work effectively on cross regional and cross functional teams. * Thorough knowledge of qualitative and qualitative IH methodologies as well as medical surveillance, occupational health, case management, and worker's compensation practices.Preferred Skills:* Master of Science degree in appropriate discipline * Certified Safety Professional preferred * Knowledge of lean and six sigma principles
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Land & Armaments Operating Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Land and Armaments is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions.
People are the greatest asset in any Company ...
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
Join us ...