Title: Registered Nurse - Pediatric Unit - Per Diem - Variable Shifts
Location: PA-Reading-St Joseph Med Ctr- Bern Campus
Requires close supervision until able to practice with a greater degree of independence. Knowledgeable of the nursing process and the professional standards of nursing. Applies knowledge of basic growth and development to perform assessments. Provides care based on the physical and psychosocial needs of the patient.
* Assesses and interprets patient status/information based on knowledge of growth/development and age; recognizes basic changes based on the assessment.
* Prioritizes, initiates, and delegates appropriate interventions based on assessed patient need.
* Demonstrates ability to administer medication and treatments safely and effectively based on age and development of patient.
* Demonstrates the ability to use, maintain, and troubleshoot patient care equipment.
* Initiates discharge planning based on assessed needs and follows through as appropriate.
* Completes all patient care documents according to policy (i.e., Nursing Notes, Admission Assessments, MAR''s, Restraint Document, etc.).
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
* RN with at least one year acute care pediatric experience or experienced Pediatic RN
* Active RN license in the state.
* BLS required.
* Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
* Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
* Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
* Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
* Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
* Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Job: Medical/Surgical Services