Title: Registered Nurse Specialist - Family Residency
Job Number: 26096
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse Specialist to Providence St. Peter Family Medicine clinic within Providence Medical Group in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a compassionate and caring RN to ensure that patients and their families receive quality, cost-effective health care.
In this position you will:
* Manage patient populations with chronic illness and/or multiple co-morbidities
* Work in coordination with multiple PCPs and serve as the central link to an identified population of patients
* Through skilled assessment, education, collaboration and coordination of healthcare and community resources, the RN Specialist assists patients to gain self efficacy/management skills, achieve optimum functional health status, and quality of life
* Assists patients/families, staff and systems to achieve high quality, evidence based, cost-effective, and patient focused outcomes
* Assess and monitor patients, determine eligibility for treatments and ensure the plan of care meets the patient''s needs.
* Ensure that the resource utilization, care delivery, and discharge planning are closely coordinated so as to optimize the patient''s stay in the hospital.
* Contribute to the clinical performance improvement by providing direction on ways to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, receive appropriate reimbursement, and meet regulatory requirements.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
* Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Washington State
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN)
* Three years of recent clinical practice experience
* Experience managing complex patients in an ambulatory setting
* Certification of diabetes education (CDE)
* Medical Home Model experience
* Previous case management experience
KEY WORDS: Patient Centered Medical Home; Preventative Health; Chronic Disease; Home Health; Clinic Nursing; Case Management; Ambulatory; Outpatient
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of more than 125 primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve a five-county region in scenic southwest Washington. Our clinics are located in Aberdeen, Centralia, Lacey, Olympia and Rochester. St. Peter Family Medicine is a Family Medicine Residency Program, with an emphasis on the medical home model. The providers and staff of Providence Medical Group strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient - one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
Job: Nursing - Other