Title: Technical Quality Specialist (Chemistry)
Job Number: 13576
Providence is calling a Technical Quality Specialist to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA. Department Division: Transfusion Services
We are seeking a Lab tech Specialist technically competent with respect to all routine bench responsibilities as a Medical Technologist in the division for which the individual is responsible.
In this position you will:
* Oversee the technical activities of the departmental division
* Assure compliance with CAP, JC, and other regulatory agencies
* Organize and coordinate orientation/training of new employees to the department
* Generate department management reports as requested
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Bachelor of Science with certification as a Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Scientist by ASCP or equivalent organization
* Previous experience will include at least 4 years of clinical laboratory experience
* MT (ASCP) , MLS (ASCP) or equivalent
* Experience with LIS, competency with basic personal computer systems
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted MagnetŪ" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing CenterŪ. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
Job: Lab & Lab Support