Title: Director of Clinical Services - Registered Nurse - RN
Location: FL-Boynton Beach
Maxim is currently seeking aDirector of Clinical Services (DOCS) - Registered Nurse - RNto assume responsibility and accountability for the delivery of clinical services in the assigned location(s). The Director of Clinical Services manages employees in the provision of care and services according to professional standards of clinical practice, consistent with Maxim's philosophy of care, state and federal laws and regulations and accrediting agency Standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for maintaining compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations, Maxim's policies and procedures, and accrediting agency requirements
* Assists with selection and orientation of home care branch clinical personnel and is responsible for hiring and evaluation of home care branch clinical personnel and collaborates with the Account Manager (AM) on the selection of the personnel coordinator
* Participates in and ensures compliant completion of all personnel requirements; oversees completion of new hire requirements; ensures completion of annual policy and regulatory requirements.
* Manages and provides ongoing education, in?service training programs, and competency evaluations to provide excellence in patient care to all branch clinical personnel
* Collaborates with AM on acceptance of new patient referrals although ultimately has the clinical authority to accept or deny the referral on clinical ability to provide the requisite clinical services
* Provides oversight for all clinical care and for clinical activities to include intake process, service level determination, admissions, plan of care development, medical record oversight, patient supervisory and assessment visits and discharge process
* Manages and directs Nursing Supervisors and/or Case Managers in the clinical oversight of their patient case loads to ensure optimal clinical outcomes for all patients
* Manages and directs patient care coordination
* Responsible for overseeing the tracking and monitoring of all clinical record keeping
* Responsible for branch Quality Improvement program to include the timely completion of quality assurance checks, quarterly reports, medical records reviews, client surveys, grievance logs, incident reports, infection logs, program evaluations and other reports and projects assigned
* Accountable for the attainment of assigned clinical metrics
* Responsible for development and execution of plans of correction resulting from clinical deficiencies
* Attends meetings and conference calls as indicated and completes reports and/or projects assigned by corporate and clinical leadership
* Works with the AM to assure client and employee complaints and/ or grievances are addressed in a timely manner
* Consistently models the organization's philosophy of customer service and compliance
* Partners with Accounts Manager to build a cohesive team working toward a common goal of excellence in patient care
* Works with the AM to develop working relationships with clients, physicians, case managers and community members to facilitate home care referral process
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Serves as a member of the Governing Body and participates in planning overall development of the office operations
* Serves as liaison to the Professional Advisory Board
Maxim Healthcare Services is one of the leading providers of medical staffing, home health and wellness services in the United States. Founded in 1988, Maxim has rapidly expanded to include 12 divisions and over 400 branch offices in 44 states and the District of Columbia. We have earned a position as an innovative leader in the healthcare industry through our emphasis on quality patient care, compliance initiatives and customer service. Today, Maxim is one of the largest privately owned companies in our industry.
Maxim has committed itself to achieving exemplary corporate citizenship, best practices of effective corporate governance, the highest levels of integrity and professionalism, integrity in the operation of federal healthcare programs, and a culture of openness, accountability and compliance throughout Maxim.
Maxim Healthcare Services is recognized nationally as a leading provider of homecare services. With most offices accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC), our goal is to provide compassionate care that preserves patient dignity while helping achieve the highest degree of recovery, comfort and independence. We specialize in providing long term continuous care to chronically ill pediatric and adult patients. To ensure continuity of services and effective clinical outcomes, our staff works with the physician and the patient's family to implement a plan of care.
* Registered Nurse (BSN preferred)
* Minimum of two years of experience in home care required
* Minimum of one year of supervisory experience required
* Proven leadership, customer service skills, sound independent judgment, initiative, and solid organizational and time management skills required
* High level of competency in both written and verbal communication skills
* Proficiency in computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office Suite
Our company is committed to maintaining a challenging environment that promotes personal accountability, personal growth, and an active role in the driving vision of the company. We understand that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are happy to offer them the following benefits:
* Competitive Pay
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance & 401(k)
* 529 college savings plan
* 17 days paid time off (*) in addition to holidays
To learn more about Maxim Healthcare Services, please visit our websitewww.maximhealthcare.comand APPLY ONLINE atwww.joinmaxim.com. EOE/AAE
* Does not apply to CA residents. CA residents are eligible for 10 vacation days and 7 sick days.
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Nurse, nurse, nursing, homecare, home care, healthcare, health care, home health, home healthcare, med surg, ER, Emergency Room, ICU, intensive care unit, NICU, hospice, RN case manager, RN clinical supervisor, r.n., rn, acute care, homecare manager, home care manager, clinical director, clinical administrator, patient care manager, director of nursing, DON, DOCS, field case manager, field clinical supervisor, director of clinical services, RN manager, registered nurse manager, RN supervisor, registered nurse supervisor, nurse management, nurse manager, RN director, registered nurse director, visit nurse, admission nurse, skilled visit, case management, pediatric clinical supervisor, pediatric case manager, home care nurse, homecare nurse, home health nurse, staff nurse