Title: Operator, Machining (3rd Shift)
Job Number:_JUP000AMJob Summary
Perform machining operations using both manual and CNC equipment to produce components and tooling per all applicable requirements and specifications. Communicate with the component engineering staff, supervisors and co-workers during the development stages of production to ensure understanding and compliance to all requirements. Complete all scheduled preventative maintenance and perform daily upkeep of machining centers and work area. Daily 5S activities are required for the machining workshop; adherence is required to ensure a safe and clean workshop. Wear all required personal protective equipment as specified by component risk assessment. Daily time keeping using SAP and Acumen is mandatory.
Reports To:Supervisor, Machining; Reconditioning Production & Shared Services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, grinders or EDM.
· Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge if mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers.
· Measure and visually inspect completed components in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications using precision instruments.
· Set-up, adjust and operate all of the manual and CNC machining centers in order to perform precision machining operations.
· Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments accessories and materials onto machines.
· Monitor speed and feed rates during the machining process.
· Study sample parts, drawings, or engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate product and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
· Select the appropriate tools, machines and materials to be used in preparation for machining work.
· Maintain industrial machines per the required preventative maintenance schedule.
· Confer with engineering, supervisor and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information.
· Fit and assemble parts to make or repair machine tooling.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· High School diploma or GED
· CNC programming certification / documented training is strongly preferred
· Minimum of 5 years experience in industry with specific skills related to manual and CNC machining.
· Working knowledge of GD&T is required.
· Must be self-motivated and possess a demonstrated ability to handle multiple issues in a responsive and decisive manner.
· Experience in quality systems. Prior experience working under formal environments such as NADCAP, ISO 9001, or other quality programs.
· Must be a detailed oriented, high energy, self-starter with the ability to drive the successful completion of projects within specified time frames
· Strong communication skills required
· Strong quality and customer focus
· Process and Team oriented; Multicultural sensitivity
· Trustworthy, quick learning, innovative and reliable
Innovative. Efficient. Durable. Economic. Green.At PSM, our designs illustrate these expressions. We apply the latest analytical tools, manufacturing techniques, and testing technologies to ensure that our products are the best on the market. By providing critical aftermarket components to the industrial gas turbine / power generation industry, we keep the lights on across the world. And, we're making that world a cleaner place to live by providing our customers with products that utilize alternate fuels and lower emissions to unprecedented levels.
High-tech. Fast-paced. Cooperative. Entrepreneurial. Fun-loving.In just 10 years, PSM has grown from a handful of aerospace engineers to a globally recognized organization of more than 250 dynamic people. Recently acquired by ALSTOM, a global leader in power generation, we are able to capitalize on the vast experience and resources of an international giant without losing the entrepreneurial, start-up feel that has given us a competitive edge and allowed us to thrive.
PSM is constantly breaking new ground in the development of next generation products. Currently, our team is exploiting new technology advances to create more robust, higher efficiency components.
Interesting fact: One in four of the world's light bulbs is powered by ALSTOM.
Job: Production & Supply