Title: Power Plant Maintenance Mechanic
Location: USA-FL: FLORIDA-WEST PALM BEACH
Job Number: 130038F
Initial training will be provided in West Palm Beach, FL. Ultimately, this position is located on Andros Island in the Bahamas.
Purpose of the Classification:
Responsible for maintenance and repairs on Government owned light duty trucks, cars, heavy trucks, buses, material and weight handling equipment and light medium and heavy duty construction equipment on the AUTEC Project IAW NAVFAC P-300 and NAVSUP 538.
Essential Job Functions:
Performs many of the following responsibilities:
* Perform diagnostic procedures and make necessary repairs.
* Perform general preventive maintenance.
* Respond to road service calls for emergency repairs.
* Provide periodic "on call" duty in rotation with other technicians.
* Prepare and submit requisitions for parts as needed for specific repairs.
* Provide complete documentation of all maintenance and repairs.
* Repair and maintain tools and equipment.
* Use hand and power tools and electronic diagnostic equipment.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* 10 years related experience working in an automotive equipment repair environment.
* Additional vocational/technical training or education in automotive or construction equipment repair is desirable.
* Valid Driver's License and passport will be required.
Must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain the required government security clearance.
Special Knowledge/Skills Required:
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
* Must be able to regularly stand/bend at waist/stoop/ crouch and lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
* Must be able to work in loud environment.
* Must be able to work on uneven terrain.
* Must be able to read and understand technical/repair manuals.
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
Job: Base/Range Operations