Job Requisition Number: 32590
External Job Title: Sales Merchandiser
Employment Status: Seasonal
West Palm Beach, Florida 33417-0000
Energizer Personal Care is seeking a seasonal, part-time Merchandiser to workapproximately 15 hours per week.
Primary Purpose of this Position:
To work in conjunction with a full-time Territory Manager (TM) to makemerchandising and service calls on designated retail stores. These merchandisingcalls are to assist the TM in achieving assigned goals in sales volume, marketshare, and share of shelf. The Part Time Sales Merchandiser PTSM) mustsupplement the efforts of the TM to educate, partner, and build loyalty to thebrand at multiple levels in the retail organizations serviced. The primary waysthe PTSM executes these goals is to provide merchandising services to maintainadequate inventory levels and product organization on shelf and displays, and todeliver basic presentations to Department Heads and Store Managers at assignedstores. Another function of the PTSM is to provide Direct Store Delivery (DSD)service to retail outlets in the absence of - or in conjunction with - thefull-time Territory Manager.
1. Consistently follow a daily, weekly and monthly route schedule of storecalls, whereby assigned stores are visited on a planned and sequenced basis(25%)
2. Stock shelves at store level, to ensure Banana Boat and Hawaiian Tropicmaintain proper inventory levels in permanent shelf locations, and on allsecondary displays. (25%)
3. Build, stock and maintain Banana Boat and Hawaiian Tropic rack displays (10%)
4. Ensure high-traffic locations and placements for Banana Boat and HawaiianTropic displays and racks in stores, to increase product visibility and impulsepurchases (2%)
5. Search for and secure secondary product placements for Banana Boat andHawaiian Tropic in all stores, using tools such as clip-strips, canes, off-shelfdisplays, side-kicks, endcaps, etc. (10%)
6. Visit stock rooms at each retailer to ensure all saleable Banana Boat andHawaiian Tropic product is pulled out to the selling floor as shelf and/ordisplay inventory.
7. Execute Territory Manager s direction on coverage and specialprojects/activities needing support at store level. (5%)
8. Ensure visible, in-store placement of Banana Boat and Hawaiian Tropic?premiums , such as inflatables, signs, decorations, etc. (5%)
9. Provide Direct Store Delivery service when requested by Territory Manager.This includes selling and writing orders, and faxing them to the TM; physicallydelivering or shipping product to accounts; and merchandising/maintaining properinventories. Inventory control is critical to minimize season-end returns. (3%)
10. Maintain administrative duties such as hourly pay record; expense reports;sequencing; account records; tracking reports. (5%)
11. Maintain regular (min. of weekly), open communications with TerritoryManager. (5%)
1. Share information with others on team to increase information, knowledge,account penetration, volume, market share, and share timesaving ideas.
2. Enhance efficiency, time management and sales skills by following thenine-step call procedure utilizing persuasive selling.
3. Merchandise stores using the S.L.I.M. Principles; Space, Location, Inventory,Merchandising.
4. Attend and assist in special events as assigned by TM, such as radio remotes,grand store openings, in-store raffles, give-aways, etc.
5. Help with projects and promotions assigned by management.
Prior Sales experience
High school diploma
Clean driving record.
Skills and Abilities required:
Good organizational, time management and administrative skills.
Good verbal communication skills.
Good business analysis skills in order to identify sales trends, prioritizetasks and objectives, and solve day-to-day problems that are encountered.
Physically able to work long hours merchandising.
Physical ability to drive short and/or long distances (depending on geographicsize of territory).
Repetitive lifting and handling of cases required.
Energizer Personal Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.var reformattingAllowed = true;