Plant IT Operations Senior Manager
Job Description The IT Manager oversees the computer operations, software development and maintenance of computer systems that support the daily business operations of the McPherson manufacturing facility and decision-making of management and staff organizations.
The IT Manager plans, directs, and manages the IT Infrastructure and Applications team supporting the technology infrastructure, desktop support activities and site systems in McPherson including daily operations, preventative maintenance, and infrastructure projects. Directs IT Infrastructure activities following the standards and global processes established by corporate IT while providing input into their development and evolution based on the requirements of Hospira Manufacturing and Quality Operations. Acts as the liaison for Corporate IT systems and the development and implementation of cost-effective systems to meet current and future business needs.
This role is responsible for the management of 8-10 or more IT Infrastructure and Application associates in the areas of desktop support, local service desk, server, network, voice, data backup/recovery, application development and support and disaster recovery. The IT Manager oversees the development and implementation of infrastructure and application stabilization and optimization efforts to meet the current and future needs of McPherson operations.
* BS or equivalent required. MBA or MS preferred.
* 8-10 years of experience in managing one or more major IT functions (Desktop support, server / network infrastructure, business systems, development, etc.).
* Knowledge of the computer system lifecycle to include testing, implementation, operations and decommissioning in the IT Project Delivery Methodology.
* Knowledge of Validation and CFR Part 11 as it relates to the controls required from application systems.
* Familiarity with SAP project delivery a preference
* Practical knowledge of ITIL best practice process framework for IT Operations.
* Strong orientation to business process, demonstrating an understanding of Hospira’s Manufacturing Operations, Finance, Warehouse and Quality processes and systems.
* The need to persuade and sell in the liaison role with divisional and corporate department heads calls for a high degree of business relations skills.
* Considerable management skills are required to successfully perform the planning, directing, reporting, and administrative responsibilities of this position.
* A comprehensive knowledge of the general direction of the IT industry and technology (evolving products, services, etc.) is required.
* Strong technical knowledge is essential for infrastructure managers, who must understand and guide the work of their staff members, yet also explain the work in non-technical terms to senior management and internal customers.
* Considerable interpersonal skills are required to deal with the personnel situations arising with IT staff working under tight deadlines and considerable pressure.
* Previous management experience of multiple medium to large scale infrastructure projects, large scale business initiative projects and working with internal and external partners
Country United States
Site USA - KS - McPherson
Job Family Information Technology
Job Category Full Time
Shift First or Day
Auto req ID 10402BR
Job Type Salaried or Exempt
Submit to job  Send to friend Save to cart