Title: Quality Management Technician (Start Date of May 2013)
Requisition ID: UNI02525
The Quality Management Technician will assist the Quality Manager in carrying out all laboratory tests to determine flour consistency and maintain test equipment calibration, assess food safety/sanitation conformance, and assist in wheat management. This position will also provide support and back-up to the Quality Manager and team. This is a developmental position, intended to lead to career growth opportunities in Horizon Milling's Quality program.
20% - Calibrates and maintains accuracy of all testing equipment in the laboratory, elevator and mill. Conducts instrument troubleshooting and repair. Interfaces regularly with the Horizon Milling Instrumentation Lab.
20% - Runs specialized tests to determine product consistency and performance: Farinograph, primary oven and ash analysis and Falling Number.
20% - Assists Quality Manager in conducting monthly Food Safety/Sanitation Audits and communicates findings, recommends corrective action, and works with mill team on implementation.
20% - Analyzes data generated for trends and communicates findings. Jointly works with mill team to find solutions. Makes ship/no ship decisions. Generates COA''s as needed.
10% - Assists the Assistant Quality Manager with mill implementation of wheat/flour mixes, blends, and other product characteristics as provided by the Formula Planning Team.
10% - Provides backup for Assistant Quality Manager during their absence.
* Cargill QA labs are located in an industrial/processing plant environment. Our plants focus on employee engagement and innovation.
* This job involves physical activity which generally requires a moderate amount of exertion on a fairly regular basis - involving bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, reaching, working on irregular surfaces, occasional lifting of objects weighing over 50 pounds and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds. The work may also involve other exertions, conditions or exposures (i.e.- heat, cold, grain dust, etc.).
* Various U.S. locations
* Associate/Bachelor's degree in a science discipline or a high school diploma with 3 years of laboratory experience
* Degree completed by June 2013
* Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
* Must be willing to relocate
* Attention to detail and ability to keep details organized
* Ability to work with a diverse group of people
* Effective communication skills
* Ability to lead and influence change
* Proficient in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
* Ability to work overtime, holidays, weekends and shifts
* Overall 3.0 GPA preferred
Job: Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.