Title: Rad Tech CVL PRN Galichia Heart Hospital
Location: United States-Kansas-Wichita-Galichia Heart Hospital
Other Locations: null
* Perform a variety of tasks involved in operating x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated body portions. Adjust equipment for proper radiographic exposure techniques in accordance with radiation safety guidelines.
* Explain x-ray procedures to patients.
* Position patients for each anatomical view using immobilization and protective equipment as necessary.
* Monitor accessory equipment and assist physician with fluoroscopic procedures and special radiographic procedures.
* Accurately process images for optimal quality. Match with appropriate paperwork for interpretation.
* Charge radiographic procedures in RIS; able to modify orders if applicable.
* Demonstrate acceptable film quality standards by critiquing positioning, technical factors, and collimation.
* Understands and uses Phillips, Optimed, monitoring equipment, and data management system.
* Perform the described duties in the primary work area and demonstrate competency in at least one of the following: orthopedic radiology, pediatric radiology, operating room radiology, trauma radiology, out-patient diagnostic radiology, and inpatient diagnostic radiology.
* Participate in or initiate a QI, QC, QA project with documented outcomes.
* Understand and use PACS (if applicable).
* Assists as needed in planning for staffing needs for the department/unit.
* Actively participates in determining staffing needs for the next shift, in coordination with the House Supervisor and/or Unit Manager.
* Adhere to proper chain of command for all needs or concerns.
* Adheres to all HIPPA policies and procedures with protected health information.
* Assist or initiate duties in relation to radiation safety and monitoring for compliance with employees, patients, guests, physicians, and product representatives.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Upon completion of training and skills validation from this facility may obtain arterial access at the discretion of the physician.
* Completes department specific competencies during orientation and annually.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· BLS required
· RCIS recommended
· Certification as approved by the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
· ACLS required
· 3 years Cath Lab/EP Lab experience recommended/preferred.
· Other certifications, experience related to work environment.