Title: Rad Tech Imaging PRN Galichia Heart Hospital
Location: United States-Kansas-Wichita-Galichia Heart Hospital
Other Locations: null
* Perform a variety of tasks involved in operating x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated body portions. Adjust equipment for proper radiographic exposure techniques in accordance with radiation safety guidelines.
* Explain x-ray procedures to patients.
* Position patients for each anatomical view using immobilization and protective equipment as necessary.
* Monitor accessory equipment and assist physician with fluoroscopic procedures and special radiographic procedures.
* Accurately process images for optimal quality. Match with appropriate paperwork for interpretation.
* Charge radiographic procedures in RIS; able to modify orders if applicable.
* Demonstrate acceptable film quality standards by critiquing positioning, technical factors, and collimation.
* Understands and uses PACS systems, if applicable.
* Perform the described duties in the primary work area and demonstrate compentency in at least one of the following: orthopedic radiology, pediatric radiology, operating room radiology, trauma radiology, out-patient diagnostic radiology, and inpatient diagnostic radiology.
* Participate in or initiate a QI, QC, QA project with documented outcomes.
* Understand and use PACS (if applicable).
* Serve as a safety monitor on a routine basis, if applicable.
* Routinely function as an inventory auditor, if applicable.
* Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
* Completes department specific competencies during orientation and annually.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Completion of a 24 - month AMA approved School of Radiology Technology
· Level I- Must obtain ARRT certification within one year of employment
· BLS, required