Bucknell University seeks applications for a Compensation Manager.
The Compensation Manager maintains the University's cloud-based compensation system, is responsible for position evaluations, benchmarking and compensation analysis, and FLSA classifications. This position reports to and works closely with the Director of Compensation & Employment Services in wage and salary planning, and administration of the annual merit process for staff positions. The Compensation Manager completes compensation surveys, and prepares organizational charts.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Research and prepare job evaluations, developing salary ranges that are internally equitable and externally competitive. Prepare various HR and compensation analytical reports. Monitor compa-ratios and make recommendations for benchmarks, hiring ranges, and adjusted rates of pay, working closely with the Director of Compensation & Employment Services.
2. Respond to inquiries from supervisors, department heads, and staff relating to position evaluations, salary ranges and bands, and related data.
3. Generate Hyperion reports with Banner and Jobs@Bucknell information, and develop management reports to monitor applicant flow, turnover, new hires, exit data, etc.
4. Ensure timely entry of approved hiring ranges in Jobs@Bucknell for open positions.
5. Prepare wage and salary survey submissions for CUPA-HR, EduComp, CompData, Pierson, Athletic Directors, and other survey administrators.
6. Work closely with the Director of Compensation & Employment Services and the Executive Director of Human Resources on salary planning and budgeting, and the annual merit process.
7. Work with HR staff and campus departments in the development of career pathing tools to communicate position requirements and skills needed for advancement in specific areas.
8 Update benchmarks in the cloud-based compensation system, provide new benchmark data for Banner, and import data from Banner weekly to keep the compensation program data current. Maintain and create reports in the Kenexa compensation system, ensuring appropriate data cuts.
9. Review salary proposals in Jobs@Bucknell and recommend action based on hiring range, departmental and cross-campus comparable staff positions.
10. Work with the HR Specialist who serves as back-up in maintaining the University's organizational charts.
11. Analyze data, prepare documents and spreadsheets, organize communication materials, and other assignments as needed in support of compensation initiatives.
12. Maintain the cloud-based compensation analysis system that organizes, tracks and automates survey submissions, and supports the salary planning and merit process.
13. Develop applicant diversity, new hire, turnover, and recruitment expense management reports at the division and department level.
14. Research market trends and forecasts to develop the annual merit budget proposal.
This position requires a bachelor's degree; at least four years of job evaluation and compensation analysis experience; and excellent analytical and interpersonal communications skills, the ability to make independent judgments in dealing with a broad spectrum of individuals, while ensuring a strict code of confidentiality. Also required is a high level of technical proficiency with MS Excel spreadsheet software, and general proficiency with MS Word and Powerpoint.
Preferred skills include Hyperion or other report-writing experience, familiarity with the Banner system, and Kenexa's CompAnalyst system. Certified Compensation Professional designation and experience in higher ed are both a plus.