14325">QUALITY DEPARTMENT MANAGER (4518010)
Job Description :
Provide leadership and management of the quality function at the facility, in accordance with all
applicable company and U.S. Government regulations, policies, and procedures. Responsible for ensuring that quality program policies, plans, standards and requirements are met at the facility.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
Interfaces routinely with all plant functions (engineering, manufacturing, sales/marketing), customers and suppliers. Has management responsibilities for the quality department, and reports to the Division Quality Manager and Business Unit Manager(s).
- Assure quality requirements are adequately defined at all functional levels to permit appropriate quality planning and verification of compliance. Coordinate TQM efforts across business units.
- Identify, develop and implement new methods of quality management and systems, and audit existing systems to meet division initiatives, ISO9000, and other customer requirements.
- Provide quality-oriented leadership in achieving facility quality objectives. Interfaces with internal and external customers to provide comprehensive responses and technical assistance regarding quality systems and/or products.
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance activities for all purchased material, equipment, parts, and processing. Manage supplier quality audits and corrective action plans. Integrate and monitor supplier quality performance with divisional objectives.
- Utilize automated systems where available to proactively plan, implement and track quality systems and processes.
- Maintain the highest degree of customer service, throughput, quality, cost reduction and people productivity.
Job Requirements :
Qualifications:- Bachelor''s Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job - four plus years applicable experience in a world-class manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts. Effective facilitation and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in Total Quality concepts and ISO procedures.
- Knowledge and experience with statistical improvement methods, and corrective action development experience.
- Managerial experience, with demonstrated ability to provide leadership and motivation to employees.
- Limited travel will be required.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Other Skills :Essential Functions:
Coordinate cross-functinal problem solving efforts for reduction of RPPM.
Ensure the output of new product development activities are compliant to corporate standards at release.
Formal training and experience with Six Sigma concepts desired.
Exposure to medical device manufacturing and/or FDA requirements a plus.
Recruiter Contact Information :MARY E ENGELmengel@parker.com